Thursday, April 3, 2014

Minor Surgery

I will be having minor surgery tomorrow to place a catheter into my chest wall so that I can drain my lung at home and not continue going to COH every week or two weeks.  This will be a positive step because if I can keep that area dry, there is a chance of the lung coming back to the chest wall and not having to be drained.  The catheter is not permanent.

In addition to the catheter, a surgeon will be taking a biopsy of a tumor on my neck so that it can be sent in for molecular profiling.  This profiling helps doctors to see what is the very best chemo for the cancer, and there are times when it reveals something they would not have thought of otherwise.

I feeling stronger this week, and hopeful that the decisions we are making will help me fight for the future.

There are so many verses that come to my mind at the moment.  I have been reading in Psalms, and the scripture is full of fight and promises. 

Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.    Psalm 62:5

Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD. 
Psalm 27:14

The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.  The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.  The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.  The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.  Psalm 121:5-8

I could never physically walk this road, so I am thankful that Jesus is carrying me.

Blessings,
Sandy