Sunday, June 15, 2014

Graduating Gifts

Forgive me for writing far and few between posts, it has been an insane week for all of us.  Just typing this first sentence took 10 minutes at 2:40 am.  Sitting at the computer is not as easy for me as it once was.  Very frustrating.

We has two wonderful Honor Roll Ceremonies that made us very proud.  Michelle was a straight A student her entire Jr. High experience, which earned her the Gold Presidential Award.  Her promotion was beautiful, and I was so grateful to make this first milestone in June that I have been holding on to.

 
 


My second huge milestone was to be at Rachel's High School Graduation.  Due to the generosity of the Bonita Superintendent, we had VIP Parking and a family seating area at Citrus College.  I don't know how I would have made it there without his help. 

It was a beautiful afternoon and ceremony.  The speakers were great, and we were able to see Rachel walk right by us in the procession.  Rachel leaves Bonita a very confident girl with so much ahead of her.


Rachel is headed to Cal Baptist University in Riverside, which will be a great mix of a Christian environment, and an amazing college atmosphere.  She will major in Communications.

 
 
Though I got to see these exciting events, my health has taken me on a roller coaster ride.  The week of these two graduations I had a huge set back and was unable to get up and down from chairs on my own.  My legs had become so full of fluid, there was no upper muscle to give me leverage.  It was very discouraging, especially the one week I was counting on energy and feeling half decent.  It is scary when things turn on a dime.  At first I argued with God and wondered what He was thinking.  Now, I can look back and see the many gifts that God gave me that week in quiet moments of trust, and quality time with people.
 
At Rachel's graduation party at our house, all I could do was sit and visit as friends grabbed chairs around me and rotated in and out.  Normally, I would be running around making sure everything was perfect, but I had no choice but to sit in peace and let others care for me.  I had some people sit and pray, hold my hand, encourage me, and laugh with me.  My amazing Cousin Debbie surprised us all by flying in and showing up to celebrate the day.  What a treat that was!!!
 
We have our sight set on Hawaii at the moment.  It will be hard getting there, but I can sit around the house or sit in Hawaii.  I pray that God gives me extra strength to travel and enjoy my family in such a beautiful place.  I am counting down the days. 
 
I know you continue to pray for me.  Sorry it is far and few between posts.  I read your messages and cry, and I am so thankful.  Pray for lethargy, strength to get around, new chemo to shrink liver, and that I can put a little more fat on my body. 
 
 
Blessings,
Sandy