Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Michelle's Reflections About Sandy At The Celebration Service

It was suggested to me by some wonderful ladies at Glenkirk that I Post some of the reflections and thoughts our family shared at Sandy's Celebration Service about her.  I've checked with my girls, and have their blessing to do so.  Over the next week or so as Thanksgiving approaches, I will be posting a little more regularly.

The first one is from Michelle, age 14, a freshman at Bonita:

We can all cry and we can all scream at God for why he  didn't save her. But where would we all be if she didn't have cancer? If her body was whole and cancer free, would you even be close to God or even know God? She came to the earth to serve a purpose and be a pathway to God's love. She came in with a heart full of love and courage, and gave away her body to have God use it for his plan. Not only through it all was she faithful and humble, but also loyal to God's request. Everyone says she is strong but that is an understatement. She was more. I will miss scanning the crowds for her face at games, or even the simple Survivor family nights. But I could not be more proud of my mom who impacted so many, including myself. She is home, leaving us with joy but also pain. You fought hard mom, and in my eyes you won the battle. The battle wasn't to beat cancer, it was to keep fighting in God's kingdom to show everyone who he is. You taught me strength is something you choose, and you chose it - so I will too.

Jon